ROLL UP, ROLL UP
…and behold the antics of today’s adolescent artists.
Join Dr. Finbar Platypus and his carnies as he travels up and down the country. See the art and hear the music of talented teenagers, creating artworks and performing on the streets of your town this summer.
The Carnival of Adolescent Antics
We go together with summer festivals like strawberries and cream. Should you invite us to your festival, we will work collaboratively with teenage artists and teenage musicians from your community to organise three days of street art and live music performances. We will organise and supervise a stand-alone youth arts zone for your festival. We will showcase the emerging talent of your community. Festival goers and families will be able to walk among the young artists and watch them as they paint or chill out and listen to young rappers, DJs, singers and musicians performing.
- We provide a 3-day training camp for older teenagers in street art skills and techniques in the weeks prior to the event.
- We provide supervision and mentoring to help them create large-scale public artworks in an art festival environment.
- We provide all paint and materials to training and art works.
- We provide a covered performance stage.
- We provide a full sound system and sound engineer.
- We provide a temporary seating area for audience.
- We facilitate and support young musicians to perform.
- We work with festival organisers in the weeks prior to the festival to source and organise music acts.
- We facilitate and help young musicians to perform in a supportive and family-friendly festival environment.
- We can facilitate stage entertainment for young children, such as puppetry and magic shows, upon request.
Who We Are…
The Carnival of Adolescent Antics is brought to you by the ever humble, but immensely talented and brilliant Shane Crossan and Phil Atkinson. Shane Crossan is a youth arts organiser, with a background in youth work, music and creative digital media. Phil Atkinson is one of Ireland’s leading visual street artists, specialising in airbrush techniques and collaborative community art. Shane and Phil regularly collaborate on youth art projects and are so excited about bringing the Carnival of Adolescent Antics to your town.